Employers are increasingly seeking graduates with workplace-ready skills. Explore the benefits of taking on a 南加州大学 student in a work 放置.
不管它叫实习, 实习, 放置, 临床实习, 项目, 丰富的现场经验, 专业经验, professional practice or work experience, most 南加州大学 degrees have opportunities for work 放置s.
Successful work 放置s are based on a three-way partnership between the employer, 南加州大学, 这个学生. The three parties work together to agree on the 项目 to be completed and map these against workplace and learning goals.
Identify future talent for your business by having an opportunity to observe the skills and fit of students before they graduate.
Existing staff in your business often benefit by identifying 项目s or tasks that cannot only develop the 南加州大学 students’ skills but provide your staff with an opportunity to develop their mentoring and supervisory skills.
Hosting a 南加州大学 student brings fresh ideas and approaches to your workplace, where they share the latest research and thinking in their field of study.
Share your professional expertise and crystalised knowledge with 南加州大学 students. This is a great opportunity to contribute to your industry and the communities we share.
Offering a work 放置 to a 南加州大学 often provides an opportunity for the industry partner to provide feedback and contribute to how the curriculum is designed, research development or explore other mutually beneficial relationships.
As part of the work-integrated learning model each internship 放置 needs to meet our students' academic requirements. The disciplines 放置s should fit into are:
- Biomedical Science - Work Placement
- Health Science and Health Promotion - Work Practicums
- Master of Health Promotion - Workplace Practicums
- Medical Laboratory Science - Placements
- Nursing and Midwifery - Clinical Placement
- Paramedic Science - Clinical Practicums
- 体育运动 and Exercise Science / Clinical Exercise Science - Placements
- Prosthetics and Orthotics - Placement
Before considering offering a student work 放置 it is worth considering the below questions.
- Which area/s of the business will the internship be placed?
- 谁来监督南加州大学的学生? Do they need support in developing their mentor skills?
- What is the issue or the 项目 within that business that would require a student work 放置?
- What are the specific tasks/activities the student will be working on?
- Is it work 放置 or paid internship?
- What are the expected outcomes that the student will deliver (verifiable outcomes)?
南加州大学 maintains insurance which provides cover for students on unpaid formal work 放置 for legal liability and personal accidents. However, please note that students are NOT covered to drive company vehicles.
The 行业 Placement Partner should consider this to confirm what type of insurance they hold and if this provides appropriate cover for a student on 放置.
学生 on a paid formal 放置, the Placement Partner accepts complete responsibility for ensuring the Student will be appropriately covered by the insurance policies of the Placement Partner.